Preparing for Installation
Begin by cleaning and clearing the work area.
- Remove all furniture, fixtures and obstructions from the immediate area where the installation will take place as well as any adjacent spaces.
For backsplash installation:
- countertops, cabinets and some hood fans must be installed prior to beginning.
- countertops will need to be completely cleared.
Dirt, moisture, and oil can interfere with the adhesion of the tile. remove all foreign debris from the substrate prior to beginning.
- Ensure there is no glue or wax residue remaining on old substrates.
For flooring installation:
- Remove your existing flooring at least one day prior to installation to allow for cleanup and floor preparation.
- If removing old carpet, please ensure all underlay, tack strips, staples, etc., are completely removed.
In many cases, moldings and baseboards need to be removed prior to tile installation.
Ask a Question